A short assortment of links.
- The moon has barely enough mass for astronauts to sense which way is up.
- Astronomers have refined our place in the cosmos, but there are doubts.
- Mysterious ocean mushroom jellies could be a new branch of life.
- Sweet insanity (article on the “mad honey” of Turkey, which I found an intriguing bit of trivia).
- The Daily Mail claimed to have identified Jack the Ripper; here’s a debunking.
- Following a Twitter discussion, Lynne Murphy surveyed people on what they mean by the word “twang“.
- Skepticblog has closed, and is replaced by Insight. I’ll update my sidebar when I get to it.