I am busily cleaning up the archives of this blog. When I reach some kind of milestone I’ll reward myself (and maybe you) with an original blog post. In the meantime, here are some more links.
First, a shout-out to Irina Rempt, who has published a book. I haven’t read it, but I’m happy to help spread the word when friends publish books.
- Mantis shrimps are impressive in many ways. But their secret is out.
- Some antiquated ideas about teeth and beards.
- There’s still enough time to enjoy life on Earth before being baked by the sun.
- Long, interesting article about Joan Feynman (Richard’s sister).
- A history of Jupiter’s shrinking red dot.
- Interactive chart of American birds. An Australian version (and for other regions) would be cool.
- The Firefox extension for rbutr was recently released, and I gave it a try. Unfortunately, it slowed the browser down too much so I de-activated it, but it is very much a work in progress and one to watch.