It’s been an exciting month for me, mostly because I finally got the new lounge chairs (or sofas, in more international English) that I ordered back in July. These are the first non-second-hand lounge chairs I have ever owned, and were custom made with my choice of colour and style.
(The shade is greener in life than in the picture, but it depends on the light.)
- Slime moulds navigate using slime.
- On the diversity of science stories.
- History of our understanding of the brain.
- Satan on science.
- Recursive viruses.
- Wheelchair that climbs steps.
- Electric cables as invented by bacteria.
- Depressing article of the month (on solitary confinement).
- Two-headed rhinoceros illusion.
And now here’s a photo of a woman and her horse I took on a walk recently, following a route that I’ve been meaning to explore.