I’ll begin with an item that I think merits being promoted to the top of the page.
From an article in Universe Today, I learned that someone has created a Lego version of the “Curiosity” Mars Science Laboratory and put it on the official Lego proposals site where, if it gets 10,000 votes, Lego will consider mass-producing it.
And now, everything else.
- It turns out the solar system doesn’t have a bow shock.
- List of names discovered in previously unrecorded ancient language.
- Long article on geoengineering (i.e. the quest to compose verse two of “I Know An Old Species Who Warmed Up The Earth“).
- Psychology’s replication problem.
- Long article on psychopathy in children.
- Great Pyramid still holds some secrets.
- Video of Disappearing Hand Illusion and how it won the best illusion prize for 2012.
- This astronomical photo gallery made me ask myself which twelve pictures I’d choose if I were creating a calendar. I decided on pictures 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 18 and 20. How about you?
- Dwarf mammoth. I want one!
- Wearable bird feeder.