[Update: In a 2015 blog review I’ve decided that none of the soapbox items in this post are worth keeping, so that just leaves the links.]
- Eight animal invasions that humans have caused.
- One-year-old babies connect size to social dominance.
- The Internet runs out of room.
- Using electric shocks to suppress the brain’s natural conservatism.
- How to account for Mars.
- Stan Carey on non-literal ‘literally’ (& be sure to read this, too.)
[The following links were originally posted on 22 January, but I’ve decided to merge them.]
- Why the sun’s corona is hotter than its surface
- On the origin of the passive progressive (late 1700s)
- The shrinking human brain