Over the Christmas break I’ve rested from the task of gathering interesting links to publish on this blog, but here are a few that I couldn’t resist:
- Possibly venomous dinosaur.
- A genuine thought-to-speech translator.
- A music video tribute to Hubble.
- Someone else’s collection of notable events in science.
- A few choice images from an photographic gallery I was browsing: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
- An intriguing treatment for tinnitus.
- Long, illustrated discussion of the Staffordshire Hoard.
- Map of the world showing travel time to major cities.
Bad editing can often amuse. A recent example is this article, in which the photograph caption describes archaeological finds that “can be dated back to the time of Jesus, Monday, Dec. 21, 2009” (funny, I could have sworn it’s been a couple of thousand years). This belongs in the same file as an article from October which tells us Americans are not doing enough to “prevent health”.
In personal news, we now have a date for Dad’s 60th birthday party, at which the trivia quiz I developed will be used. The party will be held on February 20, after which I should be able to publish the quiz online.