This is my final collection of interesting stuff for the year.
- An entire planet mysteriously vanishes.
- The latest news on Martian methane.
- Mars is in Scotland. Or perhaps Scotland is on Mars.
Anthropology and Geology:
- Oldest verified case of leprosy. (Slightly spoiled by the bit about the Turin Shroud, particularly the misguided words “hitherto assumed”.)
- Geologists explain the Petermann Ranges.
Psychology and Language:
- Guesses of sexual orientation based on appearance slightly better than chance.
- Testosterone: expectation versus reality.
- Efficiency of sign language.
- Don’t forget to show your support for English libel reform.
- Also to oppose Internet filtering in Australia. (I do object to the way the journalist uses the name of the country metonymically; this isn’t a context where that device is acceptable.)