Here are scans of some pictures of me as a kid. As usual, click to enlarge.
- The top left photograph shows me composing music on the piano. Music is still an important part of my recreational life; I haven’t mentioned it much on this blog yet, but it’s just a matter of time.
- In the top centre is a ram’s skull on a post. It was the centrepiece of what I (and my sister?) called the Witches’ Garden, out in the orchard.
- Top right: Rebecca and me working at our desk. The alphabet thing behind us (which had a pocket for each letter and an object made of felt for each pocket) was made by Auntie Sue.
- The picture at the bottom left shows me reading to Rebecca one of our favourite stories: “The Enormous Crocodile” by Roald Dahl.
- Finally, on the bottom right is a picture of me when I was very young sitting on Mum’s lap, playing the piano.
[Update: another childhood photograph can be found here.]