Some interesting links, followed by some personal news.
Over the Christmas break I’ve rested from the task of gathering interesting links to publish on this blog, but here are a few that I couldn’t resist.
- Possibly venomous dinosaur.
- A genuine thought-to-speech translator.
- The proper way to make a music video.
- Someone else’s collection of notable events in science.
- A few choice images from an photographic gallery I was browsing: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
- An intriguing treatment for tinnitus.
- Long, illustrated discussion of the Staffordshire Hoard.
- Map of the world showing travel time to major cities.
The results of bad editing can often be amusing. A recent example is this article, in which the text accompanying the photograph describes archaeological finds that “can be dated back to the time of Jesus, Monday, Dec. 21, 2009“. Funny, I could have sworn that it’s been a couple of thousand years. This belongs in the same file as an article from October according to which Americans are not doing enough to “prevent health”.
Now for the personal updates.
I got two responses to my request for web host suggestions. Will take the next step as time permits.
I now have a date for my father’s 60th birthday party, at which the trivia quiz I developed will be used. The party will be on the 20th of February, after which I should be able to publish the quiz online.